The Library houses all of the documents in the Nimonik database available to customers based on their subscription and on the Internal Documents they have uploaded.
For each document in the Library, you will see the following information:
- Essential – Starred documents represent the most important EHS documents in any given jurisdiction.
- Title – The complete title of the document, as it appears in the official version.
- Leg. Ref. – A unique identifier of each document. This can also be used to find documents via the search bar.
- Doc. Status – This indicates whether a document is Proposed, Published, In Force, or Repealed.
- Modified – This shows the most recent date on which the document was modified by the issuing authority.
- Published – This shows the date on which the document was published.
- In Force – This shows the date on which the requirements outlined in the document come into effect.
- Clauses – This indicates whether or not the document is available at the clause level. If it is, you will be able to click “See Obligations” to view the document at the clause level.
Clicking on the Title or Leg. Ref. of a document will bring you to the Document Page, where you will be able to see additional information about the document, view the original version, and add it to your compliance obligations.
Searching the Library
When you first arrive on the library page, no documents will be visible. Use the filters and search bar to find the documents you are looking for.
Finding a Specific Document Using the Search Bar
The search bar allows you to enter keywords and search for documents. The search will act on both the title, meta-data, and the content of the documents in the database.
Enter a document’s full title, or part of its title in the search bar and click Search.
Please note: The search is case-sensitive. In some cases, users will find their documents quicker by searching for specific words in the title, instead of the full title.
You can also use a document’s Leg. Ref. to search for it. However, the Leg. Ref. must be entered exactly as it would appear in the reference column.
For example: If a Leg. Ref. appears as SC2010.c.23, in the Reference Column, entering “SC-2010 c 23”, will not work.
You can use the Library Filters to refine your search. You can also use them to filter the documents, without using the search bar.
The Library or search results can be filtered by :
- Industrial Sector,
- Document Type,
- Essential Documents*
*Essential Documents: Documents that typically have critical obligations for organizations. These documents are identified by a star, next to their name.
Sorting Documents in the Library
In addition to filters, you can use the different columns to sort documents. To do so, simply click on the title of any column, to change the order in which the documents appear. Click a second time on the column title to sort the data in the opposite order.
You can sort the documents by:
Title – Will sort the documents in alphabetical order according to their titles (A to Z)
Reference – Will sort the documents in alphabetical order according to their Leg. Ref. (A to Z)
Status – Will sort the documents according to their status (In Force, Published, Proposed, Repealed)
Modified – Will sort the documents in chronological order according to their last modified date
Published – Will sort the documents in chronological order according to their publication date
In Force (status) – Will sort the documents in chronological order according to the date they came into force
Clauses – Will separate documents with clauses from documents without them