When documents and clauses in your compliance obligations are updated, external actions are created for the the responsible party. This article will show you how to:
- Make sure that you are receiving the correct external actions
- Complete the external actions you receive
Determine which External Actions you Receive
There are four types of external actions:
- New CO Document – A new document that matches your compliance obligations’ settings has been published
- New CLCO Clause – A new clause has been added to a document in your compliance obligations
- Updated CO Document – A document that you are tracking has been updated
- Updated CLCO Clause – A clause that you are tracking has been updated
The settings on the edit page of your compliance obligations determine which new documents will be automatically added. These settings can be updated at any time, and will not affect the update actions for documents and clauses you are already tracking.
The Track column determines whether or not documents and clauses receive update actions.
Documents and clauses with a check mark will receive update actions, while those with no check mark will not. You can change the track status of a document or clause at any time, by clicking on the check mark or box in the track column. You can also change track status for multiple documents or clauses at the same time by selecting and editing them and clicking “Edit Selection”.
Please note: Nimonik sends users weekly emails with a list of their outstanding external actions.
- General Users receive a list of Actions for which they are responsible.
- Administrators receive a list of all the outstanding Actions.
Closing External Actions
When a tracked document or clause receives an external action, a notification will appear next to the assessment history.
If you open the assessment history, you will be able to see the action. It will include the following tools to help with your evaluation
- Action Text: A description of why you have received the action (ex: new document, change to a document you are tracking, new or updated clause, etc.).
- Link to Document Page (document actions only): This will let you visit the document page to find out more about the document that has been added or updated
- Link to Amending Document (document update actions only): If an amending document exists, this link will appear and take you to its document page.
- Compare Clauses (clause update actions only): This will allow you to do a red-line comparison between the current and previous version of the updated clause.
Once you have finished your review, use the text field to close the action. This will allow you to enter a note that will be entered into the assessment history. Account administrators can make these notes mandatory or optional. Click here for more info.
Please note that closing an action will not have any effect on the assessment of the associated document or clause.
The External Actions Page
While we recommend that responsible people close out their external actions directly in their compliance obligations, the External Actions allows you to see, and close any outstanding external action that you have access to. The external actions page also offers account administrators an overview of all of the outstanding and completed external actions in their account, and can be filtered by facility, responsible person, and action type. The page can also be exported by clicking on the blue button corresponding to your preferred file type.