Connected Compliance Obligations
Connected compliance obligations allow you not only to copy documents from one CO to another, but to maintain a parent-child relationship between them. When documents are connected from a Parent to a Child CO:
- Each connected document in the Child will have an action informing the responsible person that it has been connected from the Parent.
- Any text entered into the connected custom fields of the Parent will be visible in the Child.
- If applicable, notes from the parent documents will be transferred.
- If a connected document is removed from the parent, the copy in the child will receive an action to inform the responsible party.
- As long as a connected document remains in the Child, it will receive all of the same Nimonik issued document and clause update actions as the parent. These actions should be completed by the responsible person in the Child.
To connect documents:
- Open the CO that you would like to make the parent
- Click Select Documents
- Select the documents
- Click Connect.
- Choose the CO that you would like to connect the documents to (this will be the child)
- Indicate whether you would like to keep the notes that appear on the documents in the parent
Please note, keeping the notes will only keep the notes that are present at the time of connection. Any changes made after will not affect the child.
- Click Connect
Once you click connect,
- A copy of each selected document will be added to the child CO
- An action will be created for each document to advising the responsible party.
- If a connected document is removed from the parent, another action will be issued to inform the responsible party.
Was this article helpful?