3.3.3 Compliance Obligations Register Page
The Compliance obligations Register’s page is where users will be able to manage all their external and internal obligation. The registers are set up to maximize information and efficiency.
As soon as you open your Compliance Obligations Register, key information will be displayed in the following columns:
- Category – This column can be used to group related documents together. By default, all documents are in the “Legislation” category.
- Document – The title of the document. If you click it you will be brought to the document page.
- Modified Date – The date of the most recent change made to the document by the issuing body.
- Clauses (CLCO Only) – Allows you to view the clause level version of the document. The number of obligations that have been assessed out of the total number of obligations in the document is displayed.
- Assessment – Shows the assessment that has been assigned to the document by your team.
- Responsible Party – The person or team that is responsible for the document.
- Assessment History – A list of each time the document was updated by the issuing body (external actions) or reassessed by your team.
- For more information about what is shown in the Assessment History, see “Assessment History and External Actions” in the Compliance Obligations Registers Overview section.
- Internal Actions: Shows the Internal Actions associated with the document.
- Notes – This optional field allows users to enter additional information about the document.
- Sub-Category – This column can be used to group related documents within larger categories. By default, documents are not assigned any sub category.
- Custom Fields – Additional text, date, risk calculator, or user fields that you can add to your compliance obligations.
- For more information about Custom Fields, see “3.3.26 Use Directory Custom Fields to Personalize your Compliance Obligations” in the Compliance Obligations Registers Overview section.
This information can be found by clicking (Info) next to any of the documents in your compliance obligations.
- LegRef – A unique code that identifies each document.
- Jurisdiction – The geographical location in which the requirements of the document are in force.
- Document Description – A brief summary of the document.
- Topics – Classifications assigned by Nimonik staff that group documents into specific areas of interest.
In addition to the information above, you can also sort documents within your compliance obligations using Categories and Sub-Categories.
To create a new Category:
Select the documents that will be included in the new Category, by clicking on their corresponding checkboxes in the first column on the left.
Click on “Edit Selected”
In the resulting modal, enter a name for the category or sub-category you wish to create in the designated fields.
Click on “Apply” to save the changes.
- To create a new sub-category for an existing category, you must enter the name of the existing category in the “Category” field.
- You can use the method shown above to move documents from one category to another.
Searching for Documents
The search bar at the top of the page will allow you to search for documents that are in your Compliance Obligation Registers.
Enter a document’s full title, or part of its title in the search bar and click Search.
Please note: The search is case-sensitive. In some cases, users will find their documents quicker by searching for specific words in the title, instead of the full title.
You can search by keyword to find all the documents that contain this specific word in their title, or in their text.
You can also use a document’s Leg. Ref. to search for it. However, the Leg. Ref. must be entered exactly as it would appear in the reference column on the Library Page.
For example: If a Leg. Ref. appears as SC2010.c.23, in the Reference Column, entering “SC-2010 c 23”, will not work.
You can use the filters at the top of the page to narrow down your search results, and filter your documents by Category, Assessment, Responsible Party, or connected Status.