Choose the Appropriate Parameters for your Compliance Obligations
When creating a Compliance Obligations Register, you have the option to choose from the Industrial Sectors, Jurisdictions, Document Types, and Topics that your account is subscribed to. Your selection will determine which documents can be added to your Compliance Obligations, as well as the New Document Actions you will receive. As such, it is important to choose them carefully.
Jurisdictions group documents by the geographic location in which they are applicable.
Industrial Sectors group documents by the areas of industry to which they are applicable. Most are fairly straight forward (Agriculture, Mining, etc.), but there are two that you may or may not require in order to meet all of your compliance requirements.
- General Industry – Documents that are common to many industries or sectors
- Other – Documents that are not common to multiple industries or sectors, and are not described in our other specific sectors.
As the name implies, Document Type groups documents by their type. Depending on your subscription, this can include Standards, Notices, Orders & Directives, Legislation, General (Gov) Permits, and Guidance documents.
Legislation Statuses group documents by their state of application. Depending on your subscription, this can include Proposed, Published, In Force, and Repealed documents.
Topics group documents by the subject matter to which they are applicable. Most are fairly straight forward (Air, Waste, etc.), but there are three that you may or may not require in order to meet all of your compliance requirements.
- Environment Uncategorized – Documents that fall under the Environmental umbrella but may be further categorized at a later date.
- Occupational Health and Safety Uncategorized – Documents that fall under the Health and Safety umbrella but may be further categorized at a later date.
- Uncategorized – Documents have not yet been categorized.
Was this article helpful?