Clause level Compliance Obligations allow users to assess each individual clause of a document for compliance and applicability.
To view a document at the clause level, it must first be ‘enabled’. This can be done in two ways:
- Individually – Click on ‘Enable’ in the ‘Obligations’ column
- In Bulk – Select the documents that you would like to view at the clause level, and click ‘Enable all CLCOs”. All of the documents within your selection that have un-enabled CLCOs will have their CLCOs enabled.
- Not all documents are available at the Clause Level.
- This feature will only appear if the Clause Level Compliance Obligations are part of your subscription package.
Once a document has its Clause Level enabled, the Obligations column will show the number of clauses that this document contains and the number of clauses that are being tracked. To learn more about tracking clauses, please consult the “Track Clauses for Changes” page.
Similar to the Document Level CO Page, the Clause level CO Page contains key information that will be displayed in the following columns:
- Clause – Clause Number
- Original Text – Original text of the clause
- Track – Shows a clause tracked/untracked status
- Assessment – Shows the assessment that has been assigned to the clause by your team.
- Responsible Party – The person or team that is responsible for the clause.
- Assessment History – A list of each time the clause was updated by the issuing body (external actions) or reassessed by your team.
- For more information about what is shown in the Assessment History, see “Assessment History and External Actions” in the Compliance Obligations Registers Overview section.
- Internal Actions- Shows the Internal Actions associated with the clause.
- Custom Fields – Additional text, date, risk calculator, or user fields that you can add to your compliance obligations.
- For more information about Custom Fields, see “Custom Fields on Compliance Obligations Registers” in the Compliance Obligations Registers Overview section.
Additionally, you will see an “info” link at the end of each clause text. Clicking this link will open a modal that will allow you to see
- Full clause text – The un-truncated text of the clause
- Complete thought – A reconstruction of the clause with the parent clauses. This will allow you to see the obligation in it’s full context.
Clauses in CLCOs may be classified as follows:
- Obligation – Contains information about what a non government entity must or must not do
- Applicability – Contains information about the applicability of the document, or a subsection of the document
- Obligation for Government – Contains information about what the government may or may not do
- Information – Contains information that does not fall into any of the categories above
You can filter your CLCOs by class using the filter at the top of the page.
Searching for Clauses
At the Clause Level, the search bar at the top of the page will allow you to search for specific clauses inside a document.
You can search by keyword to find all the clauses that contain this specific word in their text.
You can use the filters at the top of the page to narrow down your search results, and filter your documents by Assessment, Clause Type, Topics, and Category.
Delete Clause Level Compliance Obligations
If you no longer wish to track a document at the clause level, account administrators can delete the CLCO records by following the steps below.
- Go to the CLCO you wish to delete
- Click on the ‘X’ next to its title on the CLCO page
- Type delete in the resulting pop-up to confirm the deletion
Once you delete a CLCO record, all actions, assessments and review histories associated with the clauses will be permanently deleted.