The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) has collaborated with the Western Regulators Forum (WRF) to make oil and gas standards more accessible to Canadian industry. The WRF is made up of the following regulatory authorities:
- Canada Energy Regulator (CER)
- Alberta Energy Regulator (AER)
- British Columbia Energy Regulator (BCER)
- Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resources (MER)
- Northwest Territories Office of the Regulator of Oil and Gas Operations (OROGO)
Through the financial contribution of the CER, BCER, AER and Saskatchewan MER, Canadians are provided with no fee access to CSA Petroleum and Natural Gas standards. The access is currently available through March 31, 2024
To obtain access to these standards, you need to take the following steps:
- Go to this page for free CSA Oil & Gas Standards.
- Click on Download
- Add the standards to your Shopping Card (the price should = 0.0)
- Checkout and create an account
- The standards are then added to your CSA OnDemand account
- From there, you can download the standards in PDF format to search and print them
Many standards are available through the CSA and industry standards resellers such as Document Center (owned by Nimonik). Nimonik and Document Center does not currently offer CSA Standards, but we can let you know when CSA standards change as part of our compliance tool offering.