Happy New Year to all Nimonik readers, we wish you a compliant, safe and productive 2023!
To start the year off with some good news, Nimonik heartily congratulates 3M for deciding to stop production of “forever chemicals” by 2025 – this is a step in the right direction. Forever chemicals are coming under increased regulatory scrutiny in the US and in Europe and 3M has made the decision to simply avoid the issue (in future production) by halting production. For example, the EU has laid out a strategy to phase out non-essential PFAS uses 2030. In the US, many states are starting to regulate and they are targeting the biggest producers first.
Even though 3M will stop production, they and other companies still have to do major cleanup of various sites where forever chemicals have contaminated the soil or water. They will also likely have a reporting burden for decades to come. To learn more about forever chemicals, I recommend the film Dark Waters about the lawsuits surrounding these chemicals and this article about forever chemicals in Europe.
To stay on top of regulatory changes that affect your business, contact Nimonik today at firstname.lastname@example.org to implement a centralized and systematic approach to compliance management.
Erratum: In our last newsletter, we mentioned Qatar had brought in 30,000 migrant workers. In fact, Qatar has over 2,000,000 non-Qatari workers in the country and about 20% of them are involved in the construction industry. We regret our error.
Upcoming Nimonik Workshop
Calgary Oil & Gas Regulatory And Standards Compliance Day 2023
Wednesday, January 18th, 2023, Calgary, Canada + Virtual Option
Join over 50 Oil & Gas compliance experts in downtown Calgary (with virtual option). Engage in discussion, learning and exchange on compliance issues affecting the Oil & Gas sector. We will cover best practices, emerging regulatory changes affecting the industry and discussion amongst industry peers on existing compliance challenges.
To confirm your presence to this free workshop, Sign up for the event here
Upcoming Nimonik Webinars
1. Regulatory and Standards Compliance Management Software – ESG, EHS, EHSQ
Tuesday, January 24th, 2023, 11AM-12PM EDT
Join us to see the changes and discuss other upcoming improvements to help you achieve Comprehensive Compliance in 2023.
2. ISO 37301 Compliance Management Systems Review
Tuesday, March 14th, 2023, 11AM-12PM EDT
Join us to review the new ISO 3730 standard and how it can benefit your organization.
January 19th – 20th 2023, Calgary, Canada
Our CEO, Johnathan Brun, will speak on a panel, “The Big Shift: From Boomers to Gen Y & Z”, at the ECO Impact event on January 19th in Calgary, Canada. Use code SPEAKER50 to receive 50% off your ticket. We hope to see you there in Calgary, on Jan. 19-20, 2023!
Blog Posts from Nimonik
- ECO Impact 2023 CALGARY Conference
- Directive (UE) 2022/2464 is published
- Top global EHS regulatory changes – December 2022
- Proposed EHS regulatory changes – December 2022
- Oil & Gas Regulatory Updates Canada 2022
- Free Audit Checklists for The Oil and Gas Industry
- Top global EHS regulatory changes – November 2022
- Proposed EHS regulatory changes – November 2022
Other Blog Posts
- Wells Fargo to Pay Record CFPB Fine to Settle Allegations It Harmed Customers
- ESG oversight highlighted in annual audit committee transparency report
- New York financial regulator issues cryptocurrency guidance for banks
NimonikApp Product Updates
Nimonik is focused on helping you identify your compliance obligations and manage them effectively. The product changes below are designed to make NimonikApp easy to use and a powerful tool to reduce your compliance risk.
We have recently made the following changes:
- Allow users to add attachments to audits: Users can now add attachments to their audits on the edit page. These attachments will be visible in the audit report, and (coming soon) at the top of the audit page (more info)
- Enable CLCOs in bulk: Users can now select multiple documents in their COs, and enable CLCOs for them as a bulk action (more info)
- Improve user menus in COs and CLCOs: The responsible party and user type custom field drop-downs on the CO and CLCO pages have been updated so that they now include the following (more info):
- All account administrators
- General and restricted users that appear in the ‘Share with’ field on the CO edit page
- User teams that appear in the ‘Share with’ field on the CO edit page
- Internal actions page improvements: The internal actions page has been adjusted to match the external actions page. Users will not be able to see all of the actions that they have access to. In order to allow users to find their own actions quickly, the page is filtered by default for the actions that are assigned to them. This change fixes a bug that was causing incorrect internal actions counts to appear for general and restricted users in COs and CLCOs (more info)
Important upcoming changes:
- Improvements to monthly digest email: We will be making a number of improvements to the monthly digest email, including:
- Allowing users to set jurisdiction and change type preferences
- Improving the layout
- Including a summary of the update
- Showing more changes
- Introduce “Author”: For certain documents, we will soon be showing the name of the publishing authority
- Usability improvements for COs and CLCOs: We will be making a number of improvements to COs and CLCOs including:
- Making responsible party menus auto-complete
- Adding document status and links to the documents page to exports
- Improving the add-document workflow
See all the details here: NimonikApp release notes
Nimonik for iOS is updated, Download it here
Nimonik for Android is updated, Download it here
If you need help implementing a Compliance Program for your organization and your stakeholders, please contact us at email@example.com of at +1-888-608-7511