Organizations are required to systematically identify their compliance obligations along with the implications they have on their operations, products and services. Understanding the nature of these obligations and what is needed to meet them is essential to establishing an effective compliance program and contending with compliance risk.
In this webinar we unpack section 4.5 of the ISO standard 19600 Compliance Management Systems Guidelines which provides guidance on identifying and maintaining obligations along with assessing and evaluating compliance risk based on an organization’s level of risk tolerance.
During this webinar we will explore the following questions:
- Where do obligations come from and how do we know we have them all?
- What kind of obligations exist and why does it matter?
- What strategies can be used to contend with compliance risk?
- How can a combined obligations/risk register be used to better manage obligations?
- When should an obligations/risk register be reviewed and updated?
We will also work through examples from related EHS regulations and standards to demonstrate how to apply the ISO 19600 Section 4.5 guidelines to better manage obligations.