By Yusi Wang – Regulatory Analyst and China Country Manager, Nimonik
China Occupational Health & Safety Laws and Regulatory Compliance
Last year, in 2017, China issued many new environmental protection laws and regulations but not nearly as many in the area of Occupational Health & Safety (OHS).
The reason later became clear in March 2018, as a large-scale institutional reorganization around OHS took place. The reorganization eliminated the SAWS (State Administration of Work Safety), making the National Health Commission responsible for the management and supervision of health and safety laws. It also centralized the supervision of OSH regulations by making the Ministry of Emergency Management responsible for safety, emergency, and fire safety management. This effectively relieved the SAWS, the General Office of the State Council, and the Ministry of Public Security of these duties, respectively.
Here are some important China health and safety laws and regulations that companies should pay attention to:
- Metallurgical Enterprises and Non-ferrous Metal Production Safety Regulations 04-01-2018
- Notice of the General Office of the State Administration of Work Safety on Revising the Regulations on the Administration of Labor Protective Articles by the Employer 15-01-2018
- Notice of Ministry of Emergency Management on Comprehensively Implementing the Safety Hazard Assessment and Commitment Announcement System in Hazardous Chemical Enterprises 04-09-2018
- Notice of Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development on Issuing the Construction Quality Safety Manual (for Trial Implementation) 21-09-2018
- CHINA ADR (Accord european relatif au transport international des marchandises dangereuses par route) : JT/T 617.X-2018 Regulations Concerning the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road 06-09-2018
- GB/T 35076-2018 Safety of Machinery – General Safety Requirements for Production Equipment 14-05-2018
- GA 1511-2018 Public Security Requirements for Storage Sites of Potential Explosives by Chemosynthesis 13-08-2018