By Yusi Wang – Regulatory Analyst and China Country Manager, Nimonik
Last year, in 2017, China issued many new laws and regulations in areas related to environmental protection but not Occupational Health & Safety (OHS).
The reason became clear as March 2018 saw the large-scale institutional reorganization around OHS. The reorganization eliminated the SAWS (State Administration of Work Safety), making National Health Commission responsible for the management and supervision of OHS. It also centralized the supervision of OHS by making the Ministry of Emergency Management responsible for safety, emergency, and fire safety management, relieving the SAWS, the General Office of the State Council, and the Ministry of Public Security respectively of these duties.
Although there is an obvious trend with China focusing more on environmental protection and enhancing the environmental protection law enforcement, there are some noteworthy new regulations in the OHS sector that companies should pay attention to:
- Metallurgical Enterprises and Non-ferrous Metal Production Safety Regulations 04-01-2018
- Notice of the General Office of the State Administration of Work Safety on Revising the Regulations on the Administration of Labor Protective Articles by the Employer 15-01-2018
- Notice of Ministry of Emergency Management on Comprehensively Implementing the Safety Hazard Assessment and Commitment Announcement System in Hazardous Chemical Enterprises 04-09-2018
- Notice of Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development on Issuing the Construction Quality Safety Manual (for Trial Implementation) 21-09-2018
- CHINA ADR (Accord european relatif au transport international des marchandises dangereuses par route) : JT/T 617.X-2018 Regulations Concerning the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road 06-09-2018
- GB/T 35076-2018 Safety of Machinery – General Safety Requirements for Production Equipment 14-05-2018
- GA 1511-2018 Public Security Requirements for Storage Sites of Potential Explosives by Chemosynthesis 13-08-2018
For more information, please get in touch.