IATF 16949: 2016 FAQ & Free Checklist
The automotive industry is driving forward with new changes to international quality compliance standards. IATF 16949: 2016 is replacing ISO/TS 16949: 2009 and automotive companies are moving towards compliance to the new standard. Nimonik works with many companies throughout the automotive industry, both OEM and suppliers. We have received many questions regarding compliance to the new 16949: 2016 revision. To assist, we have compiled a short FAQ:
- What are the changes from 16949: 2009 to 16949: 2016?
Some of the key changes include:
- Consolidation of many OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) with CSRs (Customer Specific Requirements), reducing complexity, redundancy, and number of CSRs for suppliers to implement
- Adoption of structure used for ISO 9001: 2015
- Refinement of sub-tier supplier management and development requirements
- Addition of requirements for safety-related parts and processes
- Additions to product traceability requirements
- Addition of requirements for products with embedded software
- Addition of corporate responsibility requirements
Learn how a Tier 1 Supplier, GKN Driveline is implementing an advanced internal audit program
2. How can I become compliant to 16949: 2016?
There are two ways to become compliant:
- Transition within current ISO/TS 16949: 2009 audit cycle (at next planned inspection or re-certification audit)
- Transfer at any time (outside the normal inspection or re-certification audit cycle)
Access Free Checklist Here
- What are the benefits to becoming compliant to 16949: 2016?
Adherence to this standard is mandatory for many OEM and suppliers to the automotive industry. Certification to this requirement is essential for automotive companies to continue to do business, deliver quality products and services, and drive improvement.
- When should I start moving towards compliance to 16949: 2016?
IATF 16949:2016 First Edition will replace the current standard, ISO/TS 16949 Fourth Edition. All organizations currently certified to ISO/TS 16949 Fourth Edition will need to transition to the new standard by September 14, 2018. After October 1, 2017 all audits are required to be conducted to IATF 16949:2016.
Nimonik works with automotive companies to simplify and centralize their compliance efforts. You can access our free checklists for 16949: 2016 and 9001: 2015 here. Contact Nimonik to discuss highly efficient Quality Auditing solutions for your operations and for suppliers at email@example.com to discuss our solutions and streamline your compliance process.
|Access Free Checklist here►|
Webinar Recording: IATF 16949: 2016
Nimonik exists to help organizations comply with regulatory requirements – leading to less environmental damage, better worker safety and higher quality products. We can help you with:
- a comprehensive list of EHS requirements that apply to your operations and alert you when those requirements change.
- an easy to use web app so you can act on the changes, collaborate with teams, and maintain complete logs of your compliance efforts, retrievable at the click of a button.
- a mobile auditing app that will save you hours in auditing, report writing, and corrective action follow-ups.
- air-monitoring devices so you can easily monitor indoor or outdoor pollutants online and receive alerts when they exceed your set limits.
We take pride in the accuracy and comprehensiveness of our regulatory content, speedy updates, easy to use software, exceptional customer support, and state of the art IT security that none of our competitors can match.
Contact us to discuss how we can help make your regulatory compliance more efficient.