A serious workplace injury can not only change the life of an individual and their family, but can also cause a significant financial burden to the employer’s company.
According to the United States Department of Labour, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, businesses spend an estimated $170 million a year on costs related to injuries and illnesses. These expenses affect a company directly through medical bills and workers’ compensation, and indirectly with loss of productive work-hours due to worker impairment.
In an effort to mitigate the financial burden of injuries and safety violations, companies are now strongly emphasizing worker safety. Focus on safe practices has been measurably shown to decrease long-term, health-related costs, and improve the quality of work by boosting employee motivation and overall safety.
Implementing a strong health and safety program has shown to boost productivity by 13% in large companies, and save over $200,000 in smaller, 50-person companies.
At Nimonik, we value Environmental, Health and Safety compliance above all, and would like to offer the following free checklists to help improve your workplace safety:
- Safety Management System Audit – OSHA: Assess the effectiveness of your company’s safety management system.
- OHS Foot Protection Checklist: Assess your foot protection needs with regards to workplace environment and materials.
- OHS Overhead Crane Safety: Evaluate crane components, and check that proper precautions are taken daily.
- OHS Vision Protection: Audit your employee vision protection policy, and ensure employees are using proper protective gear.
- OHS Voluntary Respirator Checklist: Verify employees awareness of an established respiratory protection program and any limitations.
- OHS Welding Safety Checklist: Monitor and improve safety standards for welding technicians.
- OSHA Basic Compliance Checklist:Intended for Corporate Aviation Maintenance Departments, to assess topics including respiratory protection, bloodborne pathogens, industrial vehicles, confined spaces, personal protection, evacuation and communication standards.
Nimonik is committed to helping employers and employees maximize efficiency and adhere to environmental health and safety standards.
Save money and improve productivity, while keeping your employees safe and happy with a free trial of Nimonik’s award-winning solution today!