Case Study: Sapphire Care Audits and Inspects with iPad Tools
At Sapphire Care nursing homes, Nimonik helped increase audit and inspection efficiency.
“Staff who have conducted audits on paper in the past, and then Nimonik, were amazed…” – Barry Johnson, General Manager of Business Innovations at Sapphire Care
Barry Johnson needs to ensure EHS compliance at their aged care operations in Australia.
- Quality assurance;
- Training (awareness building of auditing amongst line managers); and
- To “Lead and protect”.
- Sapphire Care operates in the Aged Care industry, a highly regulated industry in Australia.
Barry explained that the Australian Government’s policy is, “if it is not written, it did not happen”, which is doubly true when it comes to the care of the elderly!
Sapphire Care must audit all of its operations to ensure compliance. The entire compliance process must be fully documented in addition to regular documentation of Sapphire Care’s clinical practices.
Sapphire Care was using pen and paper, with no technology in place and no mobile tools to work in the field.
Barry was looking for a simple and mobile solution, “I was looking for something anyone could learn quickly and effortlessly.”
Barry found Nimonik and our tools, EHS Audit and EHS Audit Mobile, after an internet search for auditing software and a search in the Apple iTunes App store.“The other solutions were immature in their set up – they did not have the elements that are required to conduct an audit or they were too complicated.”
“The first time I tried Nimonik, I loved it as I could instantly see the solution. This was on the iPad, which was about a week or two after I found the web site and that completely blew me away – brilliant. It closed the loop with the reports, setting facilities, email notification, etc… Staff who have conducted audits on paper in the past and then Nimonik were amazed – such a time saver for them.”
- Barry was immediately attracted by the mobility, simplicity, efficiency, and the automated report generation based on findings.
- Quick turn around from completion of an audit to generating a report – one day max!
- Ability to capture and annotate a photo to help clearly communicate hard to explain issues.
- Setting up a new user takes only 5 minutes.
- Company audits are “too easy to create and upload”.
- “Nimonik’s team was excellent in assisting me through the process – distance is no barrier – extremely responsive. The team is interested in any issue and is quick to find a solution.”
- More accountability: the corrective actions are assigned and emailed to the manager.
- Huge time saver, especially report writing and follow-up (which was pen and paper plus a two hour meeting to go through findings).
- Better use of the auditors time and most significantly in Barry’s department.“Going from a two week turnaround under the paper system to a single day, brilliant!”
“Just keep doing what you are doing.”