Nimonik works with a number of automotive companies and their suppliers. One of the recurring challenges we hear about is ensuring quality control across operations and across OEMs who are clients of the parts companies.
To assist, we prepared two helpful checklists for the automotive industry; IATF 16949: 2016 and the ISO 9001: 2015. The checklists are not copies of the standards, but rather a list of questions that will help you know if you are respecting the intent of the standard. Please purchase a copy of the standards if you must use them in your operations.
IATF 16949: 2016 is the recently published revision to ISO/TS 16949: 2009, one of the most widely used international standards in the automotive industry. The standard acts as a supplement to ISO 9001: 2015 for automotive quality management systems.
Checklists for ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 can be accessed here:
- ISO 9001 2015 Checklist for the Automotive Industry
- IATF 16949 2016 Checklist and Inspection form for the Automotive Industry
The 16949: 2016 publication attempts to bridge the previous disconnect between multiple rigorous customer-specific requirements and accepted automotive standards. Its structure mirrors that of ISO 9001:2015, which enables quality managers to consolidate the two standards. In addition, the revision better integrates with supply chains, allowing complex organizations to simplify compliance efforts. Nevertheless, automotive parts companies are still subject to a variety of OEM requirements and staying up-to-date with them can be a major challenge.
If you require assistance in managing client requirements across your supply chain and your operations, contact Nimonik at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our solutions that can help you streamline this process.
You can read more about the recent changes to the automotive industry in our blog post here.
Nimonik exists to help organizations comply with regulatory requirements – leading to less environmental damage, better worker safety and higher quality products. We can help you with:
- a comprehensive list of EHS requirements that apply to your operations and alert you when those requirements change.
- an easy to use web app so you can act on the changes, collaborate with teams, and maintain complete logs of your compliance efforts, retrievable at the click of a button.
- a mobile auditing app that will save you hours in auditing, report writing, and corrective action follow-ups.
- air-monitoring devices so you can easily monitor indoor or outdoor pollutants online and receive alerts when they exceed your set limits.
We take pride in the accuracy and comprehensiveness of our regulatory content, speedy updates, easy to use software, exceptional customer support, and state of the art IT security that none of our competitors can match.